Everyone wants the perfect Valentine’s Day film to do the following:
1. Watch to reaffirm your love with your significant other
2. Watch to cry and think, “I’ll never have a love like that.”
3. Watch and think, “One day…”
4. Watch with disdain and think, “Yeah, right.” But inside you’re hoping for #3.
5. Watch with your gal to pay her back for going to movies like “300: Rise of An Empire,” “Robocop,” and “Need for Speed.”
Whatever your reason, here are RHR’s recommendations and where to find them:
NETFLIX: THE ONE I LOVE, LABOR DAY, HITCH, IN YOUR EYES, COPENHAGEN, LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE, CINEMA PARADISO, SLIDING DOORS, GIRL ON A BICYCLE, LE WEEK-END, TIMER, BREATHE IN, OUTSOURCED, DON JON*, SLEEPWALK WITH ME, FADING GIGOLO, STARBUCK, and THE GIANT MECHANICAL MAN
DVD: THREE NIGHT STAND, ONE SMALL HITCH, ABOUT TIME, AUSTENLAND, AT MIDDLETON, THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY, WALK OF SHAME, SOME VELVET MORNING*, HATESHIP LOVESHIP, THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, BEGIN AGAIN, and of course, WHEN HARRY MET SALLY.
*Not intended for all audiences! Please read RHR’s review before viewing!
ENJOY YOUR VALENTINE’S DAY!